Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Hoisin Sauce
This is a Vietmanese inspired dish with a tangy lime marinated carrot salad, deliciously seasoned ground turkey, chopped peanuts for a salty crunch, and a flavor packed sauce that is good enough to drink. The fresh mint adds even more flavor to the dish.
- 1 1/2 TBS Sesame Oil Divided
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey Can use ground beef if prefered
- 2 Cups Julienned Carrots
- 1 Juice from 1 lime, Extra lime wedges for garnish is optional
- 1 Package Soy Sauce Flavored Ramen Noodles Reserve seasoning packet for meat
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Head Lettuce Preferably with larger leaves, Green Leaf, Romaine or Butter Head work well.
- 2 oz Hoisin Sauce
- 2 oz Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 TBS Water
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 TBS Sesame Seeds
- 3/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Cup chopped mint leaves
Cook Ramen Noodles according to package directions reserving the seasoning packet. When the noodles are al dente, drain and set aside. Add 1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.Add 1 TBL of sesame oil to medium pan and cook ground turkey over medium heat, add soy sauce seasoning packet from ramen noodles, along with sesame seed, garlic and ginger. Stir to break meat into small pieces. Continue cooking until meat is browned.Cut and wash 4-6 large lettuce leaves, in a small bowl,combine lime juice and carrots, tear mint leaves into small pieces. Chop the peanuts and place them into a small bowl using a food processor or a ziplock bag and a meat tenderizer.
Peanut Hoisin Sauce
Combine peanut butter, hoisin sauce and water. Heat inthe microwave until hot, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more water just until it reaches pouring consistency.
Assemble The Wraps
Lay out lettuce leaves and divide toppings between leaves. Layer toppings in this order; ramen, meat, carrots, peanuts and mint leaves. Drizzle peanut hoisin sauce on top and garnish with lime wedges. Squeeze on extra lime juice as desired.