Easy Turkey Lo Mein
I am a high energy person, and I love to see a messy room transform into an organized space. My need for order and simplicity stems from my ADHD disability as a way to compensate for my short attention span. So my gifts and my challenges are all ironically tied together to create who I am.
This one-pot supper hits every single mark, it is easy, healthy, delicious, and inexpensive. It is an all-time family favorite in my house. I have probably made it 30 times over the years! It takes 17 minutes to make, stovetop to table.
Start by adding sesame oil and garlic to the pan and then add sesame seed, seasoning packets from ramen, and ground turkey. Cook until no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook ramen according to package directions, reserving seasoning packets for turkey.
I use Nissin ramen noodles in this recipe because the ramen is firmer than other brands. I also pre-cut the onions and cilantro and gather all other ingredients prior to adding the cabbage to the meat because once the cabbage is added, it cooks very quickly.
Once the turkey is browned, add the vegetables, ramet, and soy sauce. Cook until vegetables are just crisp-tender. Use caution not to overcook, as the ramen and veggies can become soggy quickly. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro just before serving.
Easy Turkey Lo Mein
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 2 packages Soy Sauce Flavored Ramen Noodles
- 1 package Chopped Cabbage or Carrots & Cabbage Mixed
- ½ cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1½ tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seed (Optional)
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro for garnish (Optional)
- 1. Cook ramen noodles according to package directions. Reserve seasoning packets for the meat. 2. Meanwhile, in a wok, heat oil and garlic over medium heat for 1 minute, add meat, sesame seeds, and seasoning packets from the ramen noodles.3. Stir and cook until turkey is no longer pink.4. Stir in cabbage, and green onions. Cook on medium heat 1 to 2minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain ramen and add to the meat along with soy sauce. Cook 2 minutes longer until heated through and cabbage is tender. Garnish with cilantro just before serving.
you may also like
Before you dive into trying to resolve a clutter issue you are dealing with, it is helpful to identify the root cause of why the clutter is there in the first place.