Recipes | Simple Suppers
Greek Puff Pastry Pizza with Creamy Feta Sauce
GREEK PUFF PASTRY PIZZA WITH CREAMY FETA SAUCE
This puff pastry pizza starts with a creamy feta sauce and is topped with fresh summer herbs and veggies. A Greek-style pizza that has a light flaky puff pastry crust that melts in your mouth! It’s packed with creamy deliciousness and fresh flavors from the garden.
A PERFECT SUMMERTIME MEAL
In the summertime, meals get really simple at our house because we would rather be outside than stuck at the kitchen sink doing dishes. This meal is a favorite because it’s topped with fresh veggies and herbs from our garden. Since we use already prepared puff pastry, this pizza is easy and fun to make.
We have a tiny garden and every summer we grow cucumbers, grape tomatoes, dill, herbs, and with luck…spinach. This year was a good year for spinach but last year…not so much. I love that this Greek puff pastry pizza recipe lets us use nearly everything we grow.
Years ago, when I learned about how heart-healthy Mediterranean food is, it was like a win-win for us because we could sort of have our cake and eat it too. Every member of my family LOVES many of the ingredients that go into most Greek food. We are big fans of Feta, cucumber, and grape tomatoes, and we are obsessed with Kalamata olives!
YOU CAN ALSO SERVE THIS PUFF PASTRY PIZZA AS AN APPITIZER
I know that there are similar puff pastry pizzas out there served as an appetizer, but we make this recipe for supper. Because, in the summertime, it is perfect for a meal. But by all means, if you want to serve it as an appetizer go ahead, it’s great for that too.
In fact, I recently served this puff pastry pizza as an appetizer at a gathering we had in the spring and my guests devoured it. I’m just saying… it’s too good to enjoy only when company comes over.
GREEK PUFF PASTRY PIZZA INSTRUCTIONS
Let puff pastry thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or on the countertop until semi-soft but not warm. Press both puff pastry sheets into a cookie sheet that has been coated with cooking spray. Press the edges of the two sheets together to make one large sheet.
Lightly score a 1 inch border around the entire edge of the pan with a paring knife. Use a fork to prick the center of the puff pastry pizza several times. This will allow the edges to puff up while the center stays down.
In a small bowl, slightly beat the egg, and use a baster to brush it onto the enitre surface of the puff pastry. Cook puff pastry, according to package directions until golden brown.
TO MAKE THE CREAMY FETA SAUCE
While puff pastry is baking, use a large bowl to mix the plain yogurt, garlic, chives and Feta cheese. Chop the tomatoes, olives, spinach, cucumbers, and fresh herbs.
ADD TOPPINGS TO PUFF PASTRY PIZZA
Allow puff pastry to cool, then spread herbs, chickpeas, olives and veggies evenly over the surface of the puff pastry. Cut into desired-sized squares and enjoy.
Greek Puff Pastry Pizza with Creamy Feta Sauce
For The Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 5 oz package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp Cavender's Greek seasoning optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chives or green onions chopped
- 1 package frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups each cucumbers and grape tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1 14oz can canned chickpeas drained, optional
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chives and/or dill chopped
- Let puff pastry thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or on the countertop until semi-soft but not warm. Press both puff pastry sheets into a cookie sheet that has been coated with cooking spray. Press the edges of the two sheets together to make one large sheet.
- Lightly score a border around the entire edge of the pan with a paring knife. Use a fork to prick the center of the pastry several times. This will allow the edges to puff up while the center stays down.
- In a small bowl, slightly beat the egg, and use a baster brush to spread it onto the puff pastry. Cook pastry, according to package directions until golden brown. 10-15 minutes.
- Let crust cool before adding feta sauce and veggies.
- In the meantime, use a large bowl to mix together yogurt, Feta cheese, garlic, chives or green onions and optional Greek seasoning. Stir until combined.
- Spread sauce evenly on top of cooled crust.
- Chop the tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers, and fresh herbs and sprinkle evenly on top of pizza. Add chickpeas, and sliced olives.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Also Try These Delicious Summer Supper Recipes
you may also like
As a professional organizer with ADHD, these are the most helpful tips I have to offer. Try these ADHD organizing hacks to help you stay on track and be more productive.
This quick sweet and sour shrimp and sausage skillet is my go-to when I need to throw a meal together quickly. It is tangy and delicious with lots fresh flavor.
Tips for parents to help students with ADHD stay organized, motivated and productive both at home and at school.